Here is some info on other Villages and Towns that unified and their experiences. Every situation is different:
- Seneca Falls - Voted for unification in 2011. The Center for Government Research normally estimates savings in the range of 3-10%. This article reported a larger decrease for former village residents due to increased income for a landfill based in the town. A complete story by the Democrat & Chronicle.
- Randolph – Voted for unification in 2011. The village government was pro-unification and the savings it would bring. The combined community size now is about 5,000 people and they saw about a 10% tax savings.
- Perrysburg – Voted for unification in 2011, saved about 13%.
- Johnson City, NY: 15,535 residents. Great academic review for future dissolutions.
- Village of Edwards plan:
- Village of Malone, NY
- Hoosick Falls: Just consolidating won’t save money, dissolution will.